Bolywood: death of Indian actor Sushant Singh Rajput at 34

0
983

Bollywood star Sushant Singh Raj was found dead at his home, Mumbai police said. According to local media, it would be a suicide. 

The 34-year-old actor was found unresponsive on Sunday morning at his home in Mumbai. Local police confirmed the actor's death and said they were investigating, according to Variety. According to Indian Today, the comedian committed suicide. He did not leave a letter to explain his action. According to Eurasian Times, the artist suffered from "depression". His former manager Disha Salian committed suicide last week, which is believed to have caused Sushant Singh Raj's depression, according to the outlet. A depression that lasted for at least 6 months according to local media. The star began his television career in 2008 in Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil. The success of this series allows him to join the cast of Pavitra Rishta. This has allowed him to win many awards. In 2013, Sushant Singh Raj made his film debut in Kai Po Che, adapted from the novel The 3 Mistakes of My Life by Chetan Bhagat. His biggest film role remains that of cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni in M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story in 2016. His latest film will be Dil Bechara, the remake of Our Contrary Stars, whose release has been postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Prime Minister's tribute to Sushant Singh Raj

Many Bollywood personalities have paid tribute to him. This is also the case of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi who said he was shocked by this death and praised the comedian:  "A brilliant young actor left too soon… His rise in the entertainment world has inspired many people. He leaves behind several memorable performances."